Press Release: Apollo Investment Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Quarter Ended December 31, 2020
Apollo Investment Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Quarter Ended December 31, 2020
Fiscal Third Quarter and Other Recent Highlights:
NEW YORK, Feb. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Apollo Investment Corporation (NASDAQ: AINV) or the "Company," or "Apollo Investment," today announced financial results for its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2020. The Company's net investment income was $0.43 per share for the quarter ended December 31, 2020, compared to $0.43 per share for the quarter ended September 30, 2020. The Company's net asset value ("NAV") was $15.59 per share as of December 31, 2020, compared to $15.44 as of September 30, 2020.
On February 4, 2021, the Board of Directors declared a distribution of $0.31 per share payable on April 5, 2021 to shareholders of record as of March 19, 2021. On February 4, 2021, the Company's Board also declared a supplemental distribution of $0.05 per share payable on April 5, 2021 to shareholders of record as of March 19, 2021.
Mr. Howard Widra, Apollo Investment's Chief Executive Officer commented, "During the quarter, we continued to reduce the Fund's net leverage ratio with net repayments of $130 million which reduced AINV's net leverage to 1.43x at the end of December, near the low end of our target range of 1.40x to 1.60x. Notably, repayments included non-core assets and second lien positions, assets we continue to seek to monetize. Our net leverage ratio also benefited from net appreciation on the portfolio as well as retained earnings. Our corporate lending portfolio continued to recover some of the unrealized losses incurred during the March 2020 quarter. Given our reduced leverage, we have begun to shift our focus to making new investments." Mr. Howard Widra continued, "During the quarter we were pleased to extend our revolving credit facility by nearly two years until 2025 which greatly enhances our liquidity position as we continue to navigate the current environment."
(1) Corporate lending portfolio includes leveraged lending, life sciences, asset based and lender finance. Excludes Merx Aviation Finance, LLC ("Merx") and non-core and legacy assets.
(2) For corporate lending portfolio.
(3) The Company's net leverage ratio is defined as debt outstanding plus payable for investments purchased, less receivable for investments sold, less cash and cash equivalents, less foreign currencies, divided by net assets.
(4) The Company extended the final maturity of Facility by approximately two years from November 19, 2023 to December 22, 2025. Total commitments to the Facility will remain $1.81 billion until November 19, 2022 and will decrease to $1.705 billion thereafter.
(5) As of December 31, 2020, aggregate lender commitments under the Senior Secured Facility (the "Facility") totaled $1.81 billion and there were $1.17 billion of outstanding borrowings under the Facility and $0.2 million of letters of credit issued under the Facility. Accordingly, there was $643 million of unused capacity under the Facility as of December 31, 2020, which is subject to compliance with a borrowing base that applies different advance rates to different types of assets in the Company's portfolio. As of December 31, 2020, the Company had immediate access to $330 million under the Facility based on the Company's borrowing base and $313 million of additional capacity.
(1) The Company's net leverage ratio is defined as debt outstanding plus payable for investments purchased, less receivable for investments sold, less cash and cash equivalents, less foreign currencies, divided by net assets.
PORTFOLIO AND INVESTMENT ACTIVITY
* Totals may not foot due to rounding.
* Totals may not foot due to rounding.
(1) Based on the weighted average number of shares outstanding for the period presented.
SHARE REPURCHASE PROGRAM *
During the three months ended December 31, 2020, the Company did not repurchase any shares.
Since the inception of the share repurchase program and through February 3, 2021, the Company repurchased 13,654,578 shares at a weighted average price per share of $16.34, inclusive of commissions, for a total cost of $223.1 million, leaving a maximum of $26.9 million available for future purchases under the current Board authorization of $250 million.
* Share figures have been adjusted for the 1-for-3 reverse stock split which was completed after market close on November 30, 2018.
(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
February 04, 2021 16:00 ET (21:00 GMT)