According to an Agence France-Presse report on August 15, Iran said on the 15th that the country's three fighter pilots were taken prisoner during an attack on a US military base in Qatar in March, and Iran is demanding that the Qatari government release these three pilots. According to Iran's Fars News Agency, Iran's General Mohammed Bagherzad, who is responsible for searching for missing persons, said: “On March 2, three Iranian pilots were captured by the Qatari military after their Su-24 fighter crashed.” In a letter to the ICRC, Bagherzad said: “Javad Salihi, Abdulmajid Dashtiyan, and Omran Behravehiyan are being held by the Qatari military... the Qatari government has still not allowed them to meet or contact their families or the Iranian authorities.” Bagherzad called on the ICRC to “meet these Iranian pilots as soon as possible to understand their health conditions and facilitate their release”. According to reports, the Iranian military said at the end of July that it had found the body of Iranian pilot Majid Qazimi. He was killed in an attack on the US military air base in Udeid in Qatar in early March. The Iranian authorities said earlier that since the attack, the whereabouts of three other pilots are unknown, but there is no indication that they have been taken prisoner.

Zhitongcaijing · 2d ago
According to an Agence France-Presse report on August 15, Iran said on the 15th that the country's three fighter pilots were taken prisoner during an attack on a US military base in Qatar in March, and Iran is demanding that the Qatari government release these three pilots. According to Iran's Fars News Agency, Iran's General Mohammed Bagherzad, who is responsible for searching for missing persons, said: “On March 2, three Iranian pilots were captured by the Qatari military after their Su-24 fighter crashed.” In a letter to the ICRC, Bagherzad said: “Javad Salihi, Abdulmajid Dashtiyan, and Omran Behravehiyan are being held by the Qatari military... the Qatari government has still not allowed them to meet or contact their families or the Iranian authorities.” Bagherzad called on the ICRC to “meet these Iranian pilots as soon as possible to understand their health conditions and facilitate their release”. According to reports, the Iranian military said at the end of July that it had found the body of Iranian pilot Majid Qazimi. He was killed in an attack on the US military air base in Udeid in Qatar in early March. The Iranian authorities said earlier that since the attack, the whereabouts of three other pilots are unknown, but there is no indication that they have been taken prisoner.