Tesla's Already Bringing Its Gloom Into 2023. -2-
What's Next: Microsoft will incorporate the AI software into its Azure cloud-computing services and Bing internet search engine. In the longer term, the advances OpenAI has made could allow Microsoft to beat Google as the leader of search, analysts from D.A. Davidson said.
-- Liz Moyer and Brian Swint
Do you remember this week's news? Take our quiz below to test your knowledge. Tell us how you did in an email to email@example.com.
1. U.S. car sales are expected to slow this year as interest rates and materials costs rise. J.D. Power and LMC Automotive forecast vehicle sales to drop 8% to:
a. 13.5 million b. 13.6 million c. 13.7 million d. 13.8 million
2. Which European Union country became the 20th member to adopt the euro, and join the border-free Schengen area, the largest border-free area in the world?
a. Croatia b. Bulgaria c. Romania d. Hungary
3. The top European Union regulatory agency fined Meta Platforms $400 million for violating EU privacy laws concerning digital advertising. The agency wants Meta to stop using contracts with users as a reason to send targeted ads based on online activity on:
a. Facebook b. Instagram c. Facebook and Instagram d. None of the above
4. Which tech company is laying off 18,000 workers, the highest number of workers by any major tech company over the past year?
a. Microsoft b. Amazon.com c. Alphabet d. Salesforce.com
5. Which auto maker took the U.S. top-selling car title by annual sales from General Motors for the first time last year, a title GM held since 1931?
a. Tesla b. Hyundai Motor c. Ford Motor d. Toyota Motor
Answers: 1( c ); 2( a ); 3( c ); 4( b ); 5( d )
-- Barron's Staff
-- Newsletter edited by Liz Moyer, Brian Swint and Rupert Steiner
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
January 06, 2023 06:45 ET (11:45 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2023 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.