UPDATE 1-Ukraine seeks access to site of blast in Poland
Adds details, quotes
KYIV, Nov 16 (Reuters) - Ukraine wants access to the site of an explosion in eastern Poland which Western officials say was probably caused by a Ukrainian air defence missile, a senior Ukrainian defence official said on Wednesday.
Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine, said Ukraine wanted a joint study of Tuesday's incident with its partners and to see the information that provided the basis for its allies'.
Kyiv is "completely open to a comprehensive study of the situation," he wrote on the council's official Facebook page.
Danilov also said Ukraine has evidence of a "Russian trace" in the incident and echoed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in blaming Russia's "missile terror". Danilov provided details of what evidence he was citing.
Earlier on Wednesday, Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said the blast, which killed two people, was probably caused by a Ukrainian air defence missile but that Russia was ultimately responsible because it started the war in Ukraine.
(Reporting by Dan Peleschuk, Editing by Timothy Heritage)