A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Walmart.
Looking at options history for Walmart (NYSE:WMT) we detected 11 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 27% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 72% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 5 are puts, for a total amount of $196,159 and 6, calls, for a total amount of $429,565.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $110.0 to $135.0 for Walmart over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Walmart options trades today is 3352.86 with a total volume of 5,067.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Walmart's big money trades within a strike price range of $110.0 to $135.0 over the last 30 days.
Walmart Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Walmart Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 2,309,521, the price of WMT is up 0.35% at $121.44.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 67 days.
What The Experts Say On Walmart:
- Jefferies has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Walmart, which currently sits at a price target of $155.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Walmart, which currently sits at a price target of $150.
- Guggenheim has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Walmart, which currently sits at a price target of $175.
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Walmart, which currently sits at a price target of $156.
- Truist Securities has decided to maintain their Hold rating on Walmart, which currently sits at a price target of $139.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Walmart, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.