- Bilibili (BILI) stock is falling alongside an earnings report today.
- That comes as the company missed EPS estimates for the quarter.
- This has shares of BILI seeing heavy trading today.
The bad news for BILI stock begins with the company’s adjusted earnings per share of -4.20 yuan. That’s worse than the -4.17 yuan per share that Wall Street was looking for during the quarter. In addition to that, it’s a wider per-share loss than the -4.20 yuan reported in Q1 2021.
On the flip side of that, the company reported revenue of 5.05 billion yuan during the current quarter. That matches the 5.05 billion yuan that analysts were expecting for the quarter. It’s also a 30% increase year-over-year.
Bilibili also includes an outlook for the second quarter of 2022 in its most recent earnings report. It’s expecting revenue for the period to range from 4.85 billion yuan to 4.95 billion yuan. For the record, Wall Street is estimating revenue of 4.76 billion yuan for the quarter.
Sam Fan, CFO of Bilibili, said the following in the earnings report.
“Catering to our users’ needs, we continued to improve our products and services, with our paying ratio reaching a record high of 9.3% in the period. On the other hand, while selectively investing in R&D that helps us improve our commercialization capabilities, we also progressed our expense control initiatives resulting in a quarter-over-quarter decrease in sales and marketing expenses.”
BILI stock is seeing heavy trading today alongside its earnings report news. This has some 12 million shares on the move as of this writing. For comparison, the company’s daily average trading volume is 12.5 million shares.
BILI stock is down 12.4% as of Thursday morning.
There’s more stock market news to dive into below!
We’ve got all the hottest stock news that traders need to know about for Thursday! A few examples include FuelCell (NASDAQ:FCEL) earnings, Nio (NYSE:NIO) earnings, and the biggest pre-market stock movers. You can read that news at the links below!
More Stock Market News for Thursday
- FuelCell (FCEL) Stock Slumps After Reporting Q2 Earnings
- NIO Stock Alert: 8 Things for Nio Investors to Know Today as Shares Slide Lower
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Thursday
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
More From InvestorPlace
- Stock Prodigy Who Found NIO at $2… Says Buy THIS
- It doesn’t matter if you have $500 in savings or $5 million. Do this now.
- Get in Now on Tiny $3 ‘Forever Battery’ Stock
- Early Bitcoin Millionaire Reveals His Next Big Crypto Trade “On Air”
The post Bilibili (BILI) Stock Sinks 12% After Q1 Earnings Miss appeared first on InvestorPlace.