- FuelCell (FCEL) stock is falling with the release of its most recent earnings report.
- The company missed EPS and revenue estimates for the period.
- However, shares have started recovering from a deeper dip when markets opened.
The earnings report hitting FCEL stock today starts with diluted earnings per share of -8 cents. That’s worse than the -5 cents per share that Wall Street was expecting. It’s also a wider loss than the -6 cents per share reported in the second quarter of 2021.
In addition to that, the company reported a revenue of $16.38 million. Yet again, that’s nowhere close to the $32.58 million in revenue that analysts were looking for. However, it is an improvement over the $13.95 million reported during the same time last year.
Jason Few, president and CEO of FuelCell, said the following in today’s earnings report.
“We continue to execute on our Powerhouse business strategy, and we are very pleased with our progress over the past few months, including extending our Joint Development Agreement with ExxonMobil related to our carbon capture solution and growing our generation revenue after commencing commercial operations of the 7.4 MW LIPA Yaphank fuel cell project.”
FCEL stock isn’t seeing overly heavy trading today despite the earnings miss. As of this writing, more than 9 million shares of the stock have changed hands. That’s still below its’ daily average trading volume of about 17.5 million shares.
FCEL stock is down 1% as of Thursday morning and was down around 10% when the market opened.
There’s more stock market news worth diving into below!
We’ve got all the hottest stock news that traders need to know about for Thursday! Among that is what has shares of Nio (NYSE:NIO) stock slipping, this morning’s biggest pre-market stock movers, as well as the latest news on other stocks. You can catch up on all of that below!
More Thursday Stock Market News
- NIO Stock Alert: 8 Things for Nio Investors to Know Today as Shares Slide Lower
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Thursday
- SOFI, CCL, AMD, INTC, HOOD: Why Are Stocks Down Today?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
More From InvestorPlace
- Stock Prodigy Who Found NIO at $2… Says Buy THIS
- It doesn’t matter if you have $500 in savings or $5 million. Do this now.
- Get in Now on Tiny $3 ‘Forever Battery’ Stock
- Early Bitcoin Millionaire Reveals His Next Big Crypto Trade “On Air”
The post FuelCell (FCEL) Stock Slumps After Reporting Q2 Earnings appeared first on InvestorPlace.