Today's 5 Stock Ideas:
- Tesla (TSLA) - Shares were up 13% following news the stock will be added to the S&P 500 index, effective Dec. 21, 2020.
- BioNTech (BNTX) - The stock traded higher Monday evening in sympathy following news Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway purchased 3.7 million share stake in COVID-19 vaccine partner, Pfizer (PFE). BioNTech shares sold off heading into pre-market trade.
- Yunhong CTI (CTIB) - Tuesday's momentum stock du jour. This China-based low-float name traded up about 9% in Monday's after-hours session following the company's non-timely 10-Q filing. A non-timely 10-Q filing wouldn't normally move a stock higher. Shares broke above resistance levels at $2, $2.20 and $2.60.
- Dragoneer Growth Opportunities Corp. II (DGNS) - A special-purpose acquisition corporation set to IPO Tuesday. Dragoneer previously invested in Alibaba's (BABA) IPO, Datadog's (DDOG) IPO, Dollar Shave Club, DoorDash, Slack (WORK), Snowflake (SNOW), Spotify (SPOT) and Uber (UBER). The company has indicated this vehicle will be used for a media investment.
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT) - Traders circulated a mid-day research note from RBC on Monday that suggested the company's ocaliva recently showed adverse events and deaths "ticked up." The RBC analyst said the information on ocaliva was acquired via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Shares closed Monday's session down 0.8%.