Today's 5 Stock Ideas:
- Tesla (TSLA) - Chairman Elon Musk confirmed after market close Wednesday Tesla's new structural battery and cells are first going to the Model Y at the Giga Berlin factory.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - A COVID-19 vaccine play, the company will report Q3 earnings before market open on Tuesday, Oct. 13. Analysts expect EPS of $1.96 on revenue of $20.06 billion.
- Roku (ROKU) - Needham analyst Laura Martin raised her price target on the stock to a new Street-high target of $255 Thursday morning. Shares of Roku have rallied nearly 40% over the last month; Martin's new price target represents potential further price appreciation of about 16%.
- iHuman (IH) - An IPO expected for Friday. The company is a China-based provider of online childhood edutainment.
- Editas Medicines (EDIT) - Shares were up about 12% since Thursday as traders circulated news this year's Nobel Price in Chemistry was awarded to two scientists for advancements in CRISPR gene-editing. Editas, Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) and CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) all moved higher Thursday and in Friday's pre-market session.