The fastest-growing job in America between 2019 and 2029? Expect to see the total number of Wind Turbine Service Technicians to increase by roughly 61% over the next decade or so.
Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics has revealed each of the fastest-growing jobs in America for 2019-2029, and we’ve analyzed and ranked the data.
The energy sector is widely represented in the rankings: five of the 15 jobs expected to grow the most in the next decade are within the umbrella of the oil and gas, wind and solar industries.
Also of note: the range in pay for the 15 fastest-growing jobs.
While Personal Care Aides are the fifth fastest-growing job in America, the median annual income for the role stands at $25,300 as of 2019.
On the flip side: Physician Assistants are the ninth fastest-growing job in the country, and make $112,300 in median annual income as of 2019.
In other words, this data from the BLS serves as a reminder that even if a job is fastest-growing in job representation, this does not necessarily equate to the fastest-growing in wage increases.
Lowest-Paying Jobs In America 2020
The following are the fastest-growing jobs in America, ranked by 2019-2029 growth rates. Included in rankings are up-to-date 2019 median wages for each role.
- Wind Turbine Service Technicians; 61% growth rate; $52.9K median annual income
- Nurse Practitioners; 52% growth rate; $109.8K median annual income
- Solar Photovoltaic Installers; 51% growth rate; $44.9K median annual income
- Occupational Therapy Assistants; 35% growth rate; $61.5K median annual income
- Statisticians; 35% growth rate; $91.2K median annual income
- Personal Care Aides; 34% growth rate; $25.3K median annual income
- Physician Therapist Assistants; 33% growth rate; $58.8K median annual income
- Health Services Managers; 32% growth rate; $100.9K median annual income
- Physician Assistants; 31% growth rate; $112.3K median annual income
- Information Security Analysts; 31% growth rate; $99.7K median annual income
- Data Scientists; 31% growth rate; $94.3K median annual income
- Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas; 31% growth rate; $46.9K median annual income
- Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas; 27% growth rate; $54.9K median annual income
- Roustabouts, Oil and Gas; 25% growth rate; $38.9K median annual income
- Speech-Language Pathologists; 25% growth rate; $79.1K median annual income
We at Benzinga believe it’s important to be pragmatic when it comes to finding ways to make the most of your hard-earned money.
If you or someone you know is looking to learn a new skill in investing, let Benzinga be your guide in navigating the complex world of currency exchange and FOREX.