- Revenue decreased by 12.6% yoy to RMB548.9 million from RMB628.1 million and increased by 27.4% from the prior quarter, as revenue continued to recover since the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in February.
- Adjusted EBITDA (before IFRS 16 adoption)3 reverted to a profit of RMB54.0 million in the second quarter of 2020 compared to a loss of RMB(67.7) million in the prior quarter, representing a slight increase from RMB52.8 million in the prior year period. The change was primarily due to a recovery of revenue and implementation of cost controls.
- Net loss decreased to RMB79.3 million in second quarter of 2020 from RMB 168.6 million in the prior quarter, representing a slight increase from RMB75.2 million in the prior year period, resulting mainly from revenue decline, increased finance costs, and increased depreciation expenses (inclusion of the full the depreciation expenses of the newly expanded PXU facility in the second quarter of 2020).
- Tier 1 Operating Assets: revenue decreased by 19.8% yoy to RMB382.3 million from RMB476.5 million and increased by 26.6% qoq. Adjusted EBITDA (before IFRS 16 adoption) decreased by 27.4% yoy to RMB98.6 million from RMB135.8 million and increased by 331.0% qoq. The yoy declines in revenue and adjusted EBITDA were primarily due to a decline in patient volume as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact from the second wave of the outbreak in Beijing in June 2020. However, the strong revenue recovery from Q1 2020 was due to strong revenue recovery in Beijing and Shanghai prior to the second wave outbreak, easing of travel restrictions within China, and increased demand for non-emergency medical services.
- Tier 2 Operating and Other Assets: revenue decreased by 6.6% yoy to RMB77.6 million from RMB83.0 million, and Adjusted EBITDA (before IFRS 16 adoption) increased to RMB3.6 million from RMB(3.5) million, primarily due to a recovery of revenue and implementation of cost controls.
- Expansion Assets: revenue increased by 30.0% yoy to RMB89.1 million from RMB68.5 million due to the continued ramp-up of the new hospitals in Guangzhou and Pudong, Shanghai, despite the impact from the COVID-19 pandemic, and Adjusted EBITDA (before IFRS 16 adoption) increased by 52.3% yoy to RMB(19.5) million from RMB(40.8) million.
- Outpatient visits decreased by 23.3% yoy to 125,723 from 164,010 and increased by 40.5% qoq.
- Inpatient admissions decreased by 23.6% yoy to 2,059 from 2,695 and increased by 0.1% qoq.
- Bed utilization rate* decreased to 32.1% yoy from 37.5%.
- ASP: outpatient ASP increased by 10.8% yoy and inpatient ASP increased by 16.1% yoy due to an increase in the number of higher acuity services provided at the Company’s facilities.
New Frontier Health Corporation Q2 Sales RMB548.9M
Revenue decreased by 12.6% yoy to RMB548.9 million from RMB628.1 million and increased by 27.4% from the prior quarter, as revenue continued to recover since the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in