TORONTO, July 30, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aleafia Health Inc.'s (TSX:AH, OTC:ALEAF) ("Aleafia Health" or the "Company") AssureHome Delivery, the industry-leading direct-to-door medical cannabis service, has now launched same-day delivery. Previously, the service offered next-day delivery only. Highlights include:
- Medical cannabis orders received before noon on any business day will be shipped and delivered the same day.
- Available to patients in the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding communities, home to over nine million people.
- Offered exclusively to medical cannabis patients registered with the Company's wholly owned subsidiary, Emblem Cannabis Corporation.
- Patients receive a shipment tracking number and phone call 15 minutes prior to the driver's arrival.
- Further expansion planned to other major metropolitan areas including Calgary and Edmonton
"Aleafia Health's same-day medical cannabis delivery is based on our commitment to ensuring our patients receive their medicine in a safe, secure and convenient direct-to-door delivery," said Aleafia Health CEO Geoffrey Benic. "We are proud to offer our patients a product experience that combines value, convenience, and, most importantly, quality."
Aleafia Health's home delivery benefits from the supply chain logistics experience of Benic and COO Greg Rossi, who were among the founding partners of the award-winning online grocery fulfillment and delivery service, GroceryGateway.com. The pair have also worked as executive consultants on supply chain logistics projects for some of the world's largest companies including Walmart Inc., Nestlé S.A., Kraft Heinz Company, Campbell Soup Company and Mondelez International. Benic and Rossi were also the architects of Trust Delivery, the first and only same-day Canadian medical cannabis delivery service.