Biotech stocks went on a seesaw ride along with the broader markets in the week ended June 26. Yet there were some encouraging developments on the COVID-19 vaccine development front. Vaccine companies are going all out, forging alliances and adding personnel that could help them be successful in their quest.
Translate Bio Inc (NASDAQ:TBIO) rallied strongly earlier in the week on the back of news concerning an expansion of its vaccine development partnership with Sanofi SA (NASDAQ:SNY) but eventually gave back some of the gains following a secondary offering. Vaxart Inc (NASDAQ:VXRT), another COVID-19 vaccine play, rallied during the week.
The FDA review machinery worked overtime, ruling on a host of investigational therapies. Three biopharma companies went public this week, raising a combined $485 million in gross proceeds.
The following are key catalysts in the unfolding week:
- Cantor Fitzgerald's Virtual Symposium: "Winning Ways to Treat Infections and COVID-19: Tuesday, June 30
- Intra-Cellular Therapies Inc (NASDAQ:ITCI) is scheduled to release top-line results from Phase 1/2 clinical trial of ITI-214, its phosphodiesterase 1 inhibitor, in patients with chronic systolic heart failure.
- Obseva SA (NASDAQ:OBSV) will release Phase 3 PRIMROSE 1, 6-month primary endpoint results and PRIMROSE 2 twelve-month data for Linzagolix in uterine fibroids.
- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVAX) is scheduled to release top-line data from Matrix M vaccine adjuvant, which is a key component of Serum Institute of India's malaria vaccine candidate.
- Revance Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:RVNC) is due to release Phase 2 top-line data for DAXI in forehead lines and crow's feet.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ZYNE) is expected to release topline data from the pivotal CONNECT-FX trial that is evaluating Zygel in Fragile X syndrome.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN) will release interim results from Phase 2 studies of ALXN2040 in C3 Glomerulopathy.
- Iterum Therapeutics PLC (NASDAQ:ITRM) is due to release Phase 3 topline results from sulopenem clinical trials in uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
- Cerecor Inc (NASDAQ:CERC) is due to release initial data readout from the Phase 1 trial of CERC-802 in healthy volunteers.
- Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) will release Phase 2 data for LJN452 in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Regenxbio Inc (NASDAQ:RGNX) is due to give a program update from the Phase 1/2 trial of RGX-501 for the treatment of Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
- BioNTech SE – ADR (NASDAQ:BNTX) will release Phase 1 data for BNT111 in advanced melanoma.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:INO) will release interim Phase 1 data for its coronavirus vaccine candidate INO-4800.
- Avid Bioservices Inc (NASDAQ:CDMO) (Tuesday after the close)
IPO Quiet Period Expiration
- Pliant Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:PLRX)
- Legend Biotech Corp (NASDAQ:LEGN)
- Applied Molecular Transport Inc. (NASDAQ:AMTI)
- CALLIDITAS THER/S ADR (NASDAQ:CALT)
- Related Link: The Daily Biotech Pulse: Chiasma, Heron Await FDA Decisions, DBV Restructures, 3 Biopharmas Make Wall Street Debuts