Bunge Limited (NYSE:BG) today held its virtual business update to share its near and long-term value drivers and underlying strategy. Bunge Chief Executive Officer Greg Heckman, Chief Financial Officer John Neppl, and President of Global Risk Management Brian Zachman highlighted the Company's progress on priorities executed in the past year and provided strategic and financial perspectives, including an overview of Bunge's streamlined operating model, compelling market opportunities, improved financial discipline, optimized portfolio and additional financial metrics.
Highlights from Bunge's business update:
- A new, world-class management team that is experienced, focused and energized
- A leading global franchise with Oilseeds at the core
- Focus will also be on leveraging its global footprint in connected businesses and growing its value added oils and oilseeds based ingredients platform
- Strong, consistent cash flows and disciplined capital allocation strategy
- Foundation to earn at least $5 earnings per share at long-term average crush margins
- Multiple opportunities to further expand earnings power
Greg Heckman commented, "We're very excited about the progress we are making to realize our full potential. Our team's accomplishments over the past year have established the foundation to deliver baseline earnings of five dollars per share at normalized crush margins, with multiple opportunities to further grow our earnings power beyond that level by expanding into connected businesses."
Heckman continued, "We've put in place a world-class leadership team with deep industry experience, coupled with the best global oilseeds platform in the industry and a leading market position with highly compelling macro trends. Together with our focused strategy, a rigorous capital allocation approach, and enhanced risk management capabilities, we believe we're positioned to generate consistent and strong cash flows and deliver significant value to our shareholders."
An archived replay of the live video webcast and the related presentation materials will be available for thirty days at www.bunge.com under "Events and Presentations". This press release contains only a summary of some of the information presented at today's event and should be read in conjunction with the related presentation materials available on Bunge's website.