Horizon Therapeutics plc (NASDAQ:HZNP) announced today that multiple case series and studies will be presented at the Annual European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR 2020), being held virtually June 3 - 6, 2020. Several presentations of clinical trial data and in-practice cases will provide results on KRYSTEXXA® (pegloticase injection) with commonly used immunomodulators to help more people with chronic gout refractory to conventional therapies – also known as uncontrolled gout – potentially achieve complete and durable response to treatment.
Additional data to be featured during EULAR 2020 demonstrate the systemic impact of gout and potential kidney, cardiovascular and other risks associated with the disease.
“We look forward to presenting these data, which add to the to the growing body of evidence regarding the use of KRYSTEXXA with immunomodulators,” said Jeffrey D. Kent, M.D., FACG, FACP, executive vice president, medical affairs and outcomes research, Horizon. “Along with additional data linking uncontrolled gout to serious risks and complications, these presentations reflect the growing body of evidence and evolving approach to aggressively manage this disease and address its systemic impact.”
Immunomodulation approaches combining KRYSTEXXA with commonly used immunomodulators to prevent the development of anti-drug antibodies with biologics:
- Title: Pegloticase response improvement by co-treatment with methotrexate: results from the MIRROR open-label clinical trial in patients with uncontrolled gout
- Title: Leflunomide co-therapy with pegloticase in uncontrolled gout
- Title: Companion Immunosuppression with Azathioprine Increases the frequency of Persistent Responsiveness to pegloticase in patients with chronic refractory gout
- Title: Pegloticase response rate in uncontrolled gout patients co-treated with methotrexate: experience in a community rheumatology practice
- Title: Immunomodulation co-therapy with pegloticase: database trends 2014-2019
Oral presentation: OP0173, 10:55 a.m. CET, June 4, 2020
Data on the link between hyperuricemia and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD):
- Title: Treatment with Pegloticase Improves Hepatic Fibrosis Estimated by Fibrosis-4 Index in Subjects with Chronic Refractory Gout
Please see important safety information for KRYSTEXXA below.
Additional data showing associated complications for people living gout, furthering understanding of the disease:
- Title: Amputation procedures in patients with gout compared to patients with diabetes
Oral presentation: OP0169, 10:25 a.m. CET, June 4, 2020
- Title: Effect of new-onset gout on kidney transplant outcomes: a retrospective cohort analysis of the United States Renal Data System
- Title: Renal Urate Deposition: Summary of Published Evidence
- Title: Gout and Heart Failure in the US: A National Perspective
**Independent study, Horizon support and funding provided