Alkermes plc (NASDAQ:ALKS) today announced the presentation of new data from its schizophrenia portfolio as part of the virtual 2020 Congress of the Schizophrenia International Research Society (SIRS).
New e-posters related to ALKS 3831 (olanzapine/samidorphan), ARISTADA® (aripiprazole lauroxil), and epidemiological schizophrenia data are now posted on the SIRS website at www.schizophreniaresearchsociety.org, and include:
- Results from the completed ENLIGHTEN-2-extension study, a 52-week, open-label study evaluating the safety and tolerability of ALKS 3831 (olanzapine/samidorphan) in patients with schizophrenia who completed the phase 3, 24-week ENLIGHTEN-2 study. Results relating to overall safety, tolerability, changes in weight, waist circumference and metabolic parameters are included.
- Data from an exploratory analysis within the ALPINE (Aripiprazole Lauroxil and Paliperidone palmitate: INitiation Effectiveness) study for ARISTADA evaluating the feasibility and utility of wrist actigraphy to measure key activity and sleep parameters.
- Findings from a retrospective cross-sectional analysis examining disease prevalence, comorbid conditions, and medication utilization in a large population of commercially- or Medicaid-insured individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia in the U.S. to characterize this patient population.
"Despite these unusual times and the unfortunate circumstances that keep us all from engaging in person, Alkermes continues to drive new research forward and we are pleased to have an opportunity to join in virtual scientific exchange with fellow researchers and clinicians from around the world," said Craig Hopkinson, M.D., Executive Vice President, Research & Development and Chief Medical Officer at Alkermes. "We look forward to sharing this new data from our schizophrenia portfolio as part of our commitment to develop and deliver treatment options to help address the unmet needs of patients living with this complex disease."
The full titles of the Alkermes e-posters are as follows:
- Poster #T35: "A Phase 3, Multicenter Study to Assess the 1-Year Safety and Tolerability of a Combination of Olanzapine and Samidorphan in Patients With Schizophrenia: Results From the ENLIGHTEN-2-Extension"
- Poster #M125: "Disease Prevalence, Comorbid Conditions, and Medication Utilization Among Patients With Schizophrenia in the United States"
- Poster #M105: "Actigraphic Monitoring of Sleep-Wake Cycle in Schizophrenia Outpatients Receiving a Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotic: Feasibility and Initial Results From a Prospective RCT (Randomized Clinical Trial)"