Genocea Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GNCA), a biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation neoantigen immunotherapies, hosted a KOL symposium today with Dr. Eric Tran, Assistant Member at the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute in the Providence Cancer Institute reflecting on the T cell therapy landscape, while Genocea provided an in-depth profile of GEN-011 – Genocea’s neoantigen cell therapy.
Genocea introduced data showing that GEN-011 embraces the advantages of TIL therapy while improving on its limitations. Using Genocea’s proprietary ATLAS™ platform, GEN-011 targets the right tumor neoantigens. Genocea has also established a robust, scalable manufacturing process, PLANET™, using peripheral blood T cells to ensure greater activity and durability for larger patient populations. Highlights include:
GEN-011 Advantages over TIL Therapy
- Unparalleled breadth of neoantigen coverage, targeting up to 30 relevant neoantigens with CD4+ and CD8+ memory T cells to overcome non-tumor specific “passenger” T cells that can expand during TIL manufacturing
- Avoids pro-tumor Inhibigens™ that may be detrimental to clinical response, which TIL therapy cannot avoid
- No extra surgery or viable tumor required
- Billions of neoantigen-specific T cells with proven cytolytic capacity derived from peripheral blood
ο 89% of intended neoantigen targets are addressed with GEN-011 T cells compared with fewer than 10% in recently reported TIL data
- Non-exhausted cells with potential for superior activity and persistence
“In GEN-011, Genocea is creating a transformative ATLAS-enabled, peripheral blood-derived T cell therapy,” said Chip Clark, Genocea’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We believe the next-generation of T cell therapies should build on the successes that TIL-based approaches have shown to date, while realizing the opportunity to develop options for more patients living with cancer. We are eager to advance GEN-011, with an IND filing within Q2 and initial clinical data in the first half of 2021.”
KOL Symposium Webcast Replay
A replay of the KOL symposium webcast and presentation can be accessed by visiting the "Events and Presentations" tab of the investor relations section of the Genocea website at http://ir.genocea.com.