Biotech stocks haven't seen much of a momentum thus far in the new year amid a lack of meaningful catalysts. The bygone week saw two FDA approvals: Horizon Therapeutics PLC's (NASDAQ: HZNP) thyroid eye disorder drug and Epizyme Inc's (NASDAQ: EPZM) tazemetostat for epithelioid sarcoma.
The Wuhan coronavirus scare triggered strong moves in stocks of companies working on treatment/vaccines for the deadly virus.
Here are the key catalysts that could impact trading in biotech stocks in the unfolding week.
12th Annual T-cell Lymphoma Forum: Jan. 30–Feb. 1 in San Diego, California
Aimmune Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: AIMT) has a target action date of end of January for its peanut allergy treatment candidate Palforzia. An Adcom that evaluated the experimental therapy voted 7-to-2 in favor of the efficacy of Palforzia and 8-to-1 in favor of its safety.
Miragen Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: MGEN) will make a poster presentation of data from the Phase 1 trial of cobomarsen, a miR inhibitor in patients with aggressive HTLV-1 Associated adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. The presentation is scheduled for Friday evening.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) (before the market open)
- Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ: ILMN) (after the market close)
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR) (after the market close)
- Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX)
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (NYSE: DGX) (before the market open)
- Eli Lilly And Co (NYSE: LLY) (before the market open)
- Biogen Inc (NASDAQ: BIIB) (before the market open)
- Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN) (after the market close)
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (NYSE: EW) (after the market close)
Anpac Bio-Medical Science, which focuses on early cancer screening and detection, has filed to offer 17.50 million shares in an IPO, which is expected to be priced between $14 and $16. The company is seeking to list its shares on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "ANPC."
Arcutis Biotherapeutics, a biotech company developing topical therapies for common skin diseases, proposes to offer 7.8 million shares at a price range of $15-$17. The shares are to be listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "ARQT."
Black Diamond Therapeutics, a precision oncology company, is planning an 8.9-million share IPO to be priced between $16 and $18. The company expects to list the shares on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "BDTX."