Some of the stocks that may grab investor focus today are:
- Wall Street expects American Express Company (NYSE: AXP) to post quarterly earnings at $2.02 per share on revenue of $11.36 billion before the opening bell. American Express shares gained 0.6% to $132.12 in after-hours trading.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC) reported better-than-expected results for its fourth quarter and issued strong Q1 guidance. Intel shares climbed 5.5% to $66.85 in the after-hours trading session.
- Analysts are expecting Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD) to have earned $2.08 per share on revenue of $2.29 billion in the latest quarter. Air Products will release earnings before the markets open. Air Products shares fell 0.3% to close at $237.29 on Thursday.
- E*TRADE Financial Corp (NASDAQ: ETFC) reported downbeat earnings for its fourth quarter, while sales exceeded views. E*TRADE shares dropped 2% to $45.15 in the after-hours trading session.
Find out what's going on in today's market and bring any questions you have to Benzinga's PreMarket Prep.
- Before the markets open, Synchrony Financial (NYSE: SYF) is projected to post quarterly earnings at $1.07 per share on revenue of $4.07 billion. Synchrony Financial shares slipped 1.1% to $35.80 in after-hours trading.
- Innovative Industrial Properties Inc (NYSE: IIPR) reported a public offering of 2,000,000 shares of common stock. Innovative Industrial Properties shares fell 4.4% to $75.99 in the after-hours trading session.
- Analysts expect NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) to post quarterly earnings at $1.50 per share on revenue of $4.65 billion before the opening bell. NextEra Energy shares gained 0.4% to $261.00 in after-hours trading.
- Atlassian Corporation PLC (NASDAQ: TEAM) reported stronger-than-expected second-quarter results. Atlassian shares climbed 9.7% to $145.46 in the after-hours trading session.