There are different method to open a Webull HK brokerage account for clients reside in different regions:
Step 1: Fill in the application with your personal information
Step 2: Choose the account type
Step 3: Read and confirm the risk disclosures
Step 4: Complete the identity verification
For clients in Mainland China, you can use the online biometric facial identification to complete the identity verification process. It requires you to record a simple video.
For clients in Hong Kong / Macau, you can complete the identity verification either by depositing funds in your account over HKD 10,000 or make an appointment with Webull representatives to conduct an on-site verification.
What You Need to Open a Webull HK Account
For clients in Mainland China:
1. Have a valid PRC Identity Card;
2. Or Have a temporary PRC Identity Card (within last 3 months).
For clients in Hong Kong:
1. Have a valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card and residential address proof (within the last 3 month);
2. Have a valid Hong Kong Identity Card, Identity for Visa Purposes and residential address proof (within the last 3 month);
3. Have a valid Hong Kong Identity Card, a valid PRC Identity Card and residential address proof (within the last 3 month).
For clients in Other Regions:
1. Have a valid passport (not issued in Mainland China)
2. Hong Kong residential address proof (within the last 3 month).
Hong Long Will My Account Opening Applicant Get Approved?
Account approvals usually take 1 to 3 business days. However, if your application needs additional verifications, it may take 5 to 7 days to complete. We will notify you by email and message when the review is finished.
What is residential address proof?
Valid residential address proof is document, bill or correspondence issued within the last 3 months from the application date by any of the government department or agency. Such as (one of them): 1. Real estate certificate. 2. Residence permit. 3. Financial institution bills: banks/brokers/insurance/credit cards, etc. 4. Public institution bills: water/electricity/gas/management fees, etc. *If your current residence is the same as the address on the ID card, it can be used as proof of address. The document should include the name and address of the applicant, the name of issuing organization and the issue date.